How to Redeem a Download Code on Nintendo Switch eShop
- You can only redeem codes on the active Nintendo Switch console for your Nintendo Account. If you see a message that says another console is set as the active console, you will need to either deactivate the other console first OR use the other console to redeem the code.
- Download codes from retailers are located on a receipt or card.
- An Internet connection and Nintendo Account are required to access the Nintendo Switch eShop.
Complete These Steps:
- Select “Nintendo eShop” on the HOME Menu to launch the Nintendo eShop.
- Select the account you want to use.
- Select “Enter Code” on the left side of the screen.
- Enter the 16-character download code.
- Any letters and symbols not used with prepaid codes (i.e. O, I, Z, commas, hyphens, etc.) will be disabled from the on-screen keyboard.
- Select “Send” to confirm. The game will begin downloading once the code is confirmed.
- The game icon will appear on the HOME menu, with a download status bar. The status bar will disappear once the game download is complete.