Is the AC adapter connected to the Nintendo Switch dock?
- Connect the AC adapter to the Nintendo Switch dock to provide the console with the power it needs when it is in TV mode.
Is the TV on?
Is the TV on the right input channel?
If your TV only has one HDMI port:
- Use the input button on the remote control to change the input channel to the "HDMI" channel.
If your TV has more than one HDMI port:
- Connect the HDMI cable to the dock, then connect it to any of the HDMI ports on the TV ("HDMI 1", "HDMI 2" etc.)
- Push the input button on the TV or the remote control until the input channel matches the same HDMI port as in the first step.
Is the HDMI cable correctly connected to the dock and the TV?
- Push the HDMI cable firmly into the port on each device to make sure that it is connected correctly.
Is the Nintendo Switch console correctly connected to the dock?
- Make sure that the Nintendo Switch console is facing the correct direction in the dock and push down firmly to connect the console.
Using the console in TV mode
Are there headphones connected to the audio jack on the Nintendo Switch console?
- If headphones are connected to the console while it's in TV mode, no sound will come out of the TV.