As proper disposal procedure differs depending on the area, please follow appropriate local guidelines and regulations.
For information on disposing on the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller battery, contact your local solid waste authority.
Removing the battery
- Remove the screws with a cross-head screwdriver. Then, remove each of the controller grips as shown below.
- Use a cross-head screwdriver to remove the four screws on the back of the Pro Controller.
- Gently insert a flathead screwdriver into the groove on each side of the battery cover and lift it free.
- Lift the battery cover straight up to remove it from the controller.
- Remove the battery and dispose of it.
Disposing of used batteries
- Completely cover the positive and negative ends of the battery with tape.
- Do not remove the label.
- Do not break or try to disassemble the battery.
The Nintendo Switch Pro Controller uses a lithium ion battery. Lithium ion batteries contain precious resources.
Please bring used batteries to the nearest recycling centre.