Selected titles are available now as downloadable versions from Nintendo eShop, with many more games to come! Here's a guide to how you can buy our games:
Our biggest games are always available at your local store in the traditional packaged manner.
You can now download many of our top titles directly from Nintendo eShop and we'll be adding more games there all the time.
Users will be able to enjoy the same game content as found in the packaged game by downloading it from Nintendo eShop. The downloaded game will be saved on the SD card in your Nintendo 3DS or 2DS. If you save different games on your system, you can play them at any time without having to change Game Cards.
The game content is the same as the packaged version but you can download the title right away on release day!
You can carry numerous games with you at the same time.
You can purchase the download version of the game directly from Nintendo eShop. Here's our handy guide to buying games from Nintendo eShop.
1) Find the software you want by using the search function or simply browsing the shop. When you find a title you like, just select "Download Software".
2) If you don’t already have funds, you’ll be prompted to "Add Funds". You can also add funds at any time by tapping on the "Menu" icon on the Nintendo eShop main page and then "Add Funds".
3) You can add funds in two ways: either with a Nintendo eShop Card (which are available from selected retailers) or with a credit card.
4) If you have a Nintendo eShop Card, first read all of the information and then enter the 16-digit activation number found on the back of the card by scratching off the silver panel. Nintendo eShop Cards are available from selected retailers in denominations of £15, £25 and £50. Find out more about Nintendo eShop Cards and where to purchase them.
5) If you choose to pay by credit card, you can use either MasterCard or VISA to add funds. First, select an amount to add and then follow the instructions. Afterwards you’ll get a receipt of your purchase.
6) Now, you’re ready to download! Make sure your battery is fully charged, or plug in the power supply before you start the download. If you're downloading a large game file, then just close Nintendo eShop, put your Nintendo 3DS or 2DS system into Sleep Mode and let it download while you do something else!
You can now redeem download codes on the web. By logging in with your Nintendo Network ID, your software will start downloading to your Nintendo 3DS family system, so it’ll be ready and waiting the next time you pick up your system.
Purchase a download code and enter it in Nintendo eShop to download the game. Download codes can be purchased at selected retailers and used in Nintendo eShop.
1. Start "Nintendo eShop" from your HOME Menu
2. Tap the "Menu" tab on the top left of the lower screen
3. Tap "Redeem Download Code"
4. Enter the 16-figure download code in the screen that is displayed and tap "OK"
Please note that visuals will display in 2D on Nintendo 2DS.
© 2015 Nintendo.