Poochy & Yoshi’s Woolly World stop-motion competition
We have 3 Mega Yarn Yoshi amiibo signed by Poochy & Yoshi’s Woolly World producer, Mr. Takashi Tezuka, and associate producer, Ms. Emi Watanabe, and we want to give them to some budding stop-motion directors.
For those who don’t know what a stop-motion movie is, it’s an animated film created using still photographs. In each photo something is gradually moved to create the illusion of motion when they're viewed one after another, like a flip book in 3D. Take a look at the video below to see the pros in action...
So yes, using Yoshi and/or Poochy amiibo, a camera, some props and your imagination, we want you to come up with a tale – no more than 60 seconds in length – film it in a stop-motion style and then submit it to us. The best entries, judged on creativity and animation quality, will then win the signed amiibo!
To enter you can submit your video via Twitter or Facebook with the hashtag #PoochyYoshiStopMotion, or send it directly via email, or as a YouTube link, to email@example.com with the subject ‘Poochy & Yoshi Stop Motion Competition’. The competition will close at 23:59 on 26th February 2017, and the winning entries will air on NUK social media channels at a later date, so keep the popcorn handy.
Don't fret if you need a little assistance putting your award-winning stop-motion vignette together, there are plenty of apps available on smart devices to help you. Simply search 'stop motions apps' on the Google Play Store or the App Store, depending on your device, and you'll find many tools to help you realise your Yoshi’s grand day out in no time.
Struggling to come up with an idea for your video? Be inspired by some of the animated shorts and find out more about the game at our official Poochy & Yoshi’s Woolly World website!
Good luck, and have fun! We look forward to seeing your epic yarns.
Poochy & Yoshi’s Woolly World is available in shops and as a downloadable version* from Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS family now. A bundle containing the game and Poochy amiibo is also available now**.
Terms and Conditions
1. Entry is open to residents of the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland only and requires online access and a valid email address to enter. Employees and the immediate families of the Promoter, its agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion are excluded from the promotion. Entrants must be 13 years or over.
3. By entering the promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
4. The promotion is open from 09:00 on 15th February 2017. Entries close at 23:59 on 26th February 2017.
5. Entry is online via Twitter, Facebook or YouTube. In order to take part, entrants must record a video (of no more than 60 seconds in length) featuring any Yoshi or Poochy amiibo and share that video on either Twitter and/or Facebook using the hashtag #PoochyYoshiStopMotion and including a caption of their choosing or by uploading to the entrant’s Youtube account and emailing the link to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “Poochy & Yoshi Stop Motion Competition”. If the entrant has neither a Twitter, Facebook or Youtube account, they can enter by emailing their entry to email@example.com with the subject line, “Poochy & Yoshi Stop Motion Competition”. The Promoter cannot guarantee uninterrupted or secure access to the entry route.
6. Once the promotion closes, three winners will be selected by an independent person, from all valid entries received, and notified through their chosen method of entry within 7 days of the promotion closing. Entries will be judged based on which videos are the most creative and entertaining. If the winner does not respond to contact made by the Promoter within 48 hours the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to a substitute winner.
7. Each winner will receive a Mega Yarn Yoshi amiibo with packaging signed by Takashi Tezuka, or another developer chosen by the Promoter. There is no cash or other prize alternative. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute any prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
8. The Promoter reserves the right to exclude an entry from the promotion if it considers such entry to be offensive.
9. All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition. Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void. No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed or corrupted, or due to computer error in transit.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries and the winner, including, but not limited to, age and eligibility to enter, and to refuse to award the prize, or withdraw prize entitlement, where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of the entry requirement of this promotion.
11. Entrants agree to grant the Promoter a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the competition entry, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the competition entry. The Promoter may use the entries in future promotions including in its marketing materials, on its website, on its social media channels and in any other media from time to time. Entrants’ personal data will be collected, stored and processed strictly for the purposes of administering and assessing this prize draw.
12. The Promoter and its associated companies and agents excludes all responsibility for and all liabilities arising from any postponement, cancellation, delay or changes to the prize details, or arising from use of the prize, to the extent permitted by English law.
13. The name and county of the winner will be made available on written request to the Promoter.
Promoter: Nintendo UK, The Quadrant, 55 - 57 High Street, Windsor, Berkshire SL4 1LP.
*To be able to purchase download games or download demos from Nintendo eShop on the official website, you'll need to have a Nintendo Account which is linked to a Nintendo Network ID, and you'll need to have visited Nintendo eShop on the device you wish to download on at least once. For automatic download, your system must be updated and connected to the internet with automatic downloads enabled, and it must have enough storage to complete the download. To find out more, visit our Support section. Purchases made or demo downloads activated through the Nintendo website are processed via Nintendo eShop.
**Check with your local retailer for information on current availability.