20th June, 2013 – Nintendo has released a downloadable update for Nintendo 3DS that will add new functionality to the handheld system. Items featured in the update include:
- Nintendo 3DS owners will be able to change the expression of their Mii character when they meet another user’s Mii via StreetPass.
- Four new StreetPass-enabled games will be available for purchase through StreetPass Mii Plaza for Nintendo 3DS owners who have completed this update: StreetPass Squad, StreetPass Garden, StreetPass Battle and StreetPass Mansion. Games can be purchased individually or all four at once at a discounted price.
- In StreetPass Squad players blast their way through enemies In a scrolling space shooter with the help of characters met via StreetPass. StreetPass Garden challenges players to grow a garden of flowers and cross-pollinate them with the plants of visitors that they meet through StreetPass. Players collect troops through StreetPass in StreetPass Battle, clashing with other warlords to take over the world. StreetPass Mansion lets players design and explore a multi-level Mansion using map segments received from other players met via StreetPass. Players can earn plaza tickets within these four additional games which can be exchanged to unlock new full-body outfits and hats for their Mii characters.
- In addition, within the HOME Menu, save data for most downloadable Nintendo 3DS and Virtual Console software can be backed up and restored to SD Card.
Additional updates to StreetPass Mii Plaza* can now be made without requiring an update to the overall Nintendo 3DS system.
Download for free the latest system update today on your Nintendo 3DS for expansions to StreetPass Mii Plaza and functionality of the HOME Menu.
* The latest system update allows you to update StreetPass Mii Plaza for an in-game feature that enables you to purchase four new titles as add-on content. These new updates will be immediately available to download within StreetPass Mii Plaza once you have installed the system update.