Flipnote Studio 3D
Important information about the discontinuation of Club Nintendo
Nintendo’s first loyalty programmes, VIP 24:7 and Club Member, started in May 2002, and were combined in December 2007 to become Club Nintendo.
We’re working hard to create a new programme, which we plan to launch later this year. And as a special offer, users who sign up to the new programme during the launch period will be able to download Flipnote Studio 3D to a Nintendo 3DS system for free. Please stay tuned to the Nintendo website for further details.
This new membership programme will replace Club Nintendo, so we will discontinue Club Nintendo according to the schedule published in the news section. Thank you for all your support.
What is Flipnote Studio 3D?
Flipnote Studio 3D is a drawing application that allows you to create your very own animated masterpieces. Whether you want to scribble quick notes or draw sketches, you’ll never run out of pages with Flipnote Studio 3D. There are a whole host of tools that will let you bring your creations to life and create high-quality animations.
Flipnote Studio 3D Features
Bring your images to life!
Your canvas is divided into three layers which lets you draw different images and overlay them. By using one layer for the background and then overlaying people or other images, you can bring a striking sense of depth to your creations.
Adjust the depth of the 3D image by simply sliding your stylus on the Touch Screen.
Use six colourful pens to create Flipnotes that are all your own!
In addition to the black, white, red and blue colours you could use in the original Flipnote Studio, you can now paint in yellow and green, giving you a broader palette to fully express yourself.
Please check Nintendo eShop, Nintendo DSi Shop or Wii Shop Channel to get the latest pricing information for downloadable titles.
You can draw as many images as you like, varying them slightly in each frame, so that when they are shown one after the other, they produce a great animated effect.
Draw lots of images and then flip through them!
Use all kinds of tools to express yourself
You can choose from a large number of useful tools to help you come up with creations that are entirely your own.
There are lots of other tools you can use too
- Pen: Use the pen to draw. There are 16 different types of pen. You can also add words to your images.
- Paint: Colour in your creations. There are 40 patterns to choose from.
- Erase: Remove words or images from your creation. Eraser tools come in 8 different sizes.
- Edit Area: Select an area to move, erase, change colour and more.
- Copy-Paste: Copy the selected edit area and paste it somewhere else.
- Outline: Trace the outlines of the selected edit area.
- Colour Swap: Switch the colours in the selected edit area.
- Set as ? Motif: Set the selected edit area as a motif that can then be replicated.
- Adjust the brightness or resolution of a photo or make it look like a line drawing. You can also adjust a photo's colouring.
- Record sounds with the mic and use them as special effects and music for your Flipnote creations.
© 2015 Nintendo.